Facial rejuvenation by lipostructure and lipolifting
The objective is to achieve a real self-grafting of fat cells by reinjection of the fat taken from the patient himself. Lipostructure can be applied to a large number of cavities due natural conditions or post-traumatic stress:
• filling and reduction of dark circles (valley of tears) and some wrinkles;
• restoration of the “fullness” of a thin face or in the early stages of facial aging;
• restoration of volumes and shapes of appearing with aging;
• associated with some additional cervicofacial lift to improve the harmony of the face;
• as a second step, after a first facelift to improve the contour of the middle third of the face without the need for a new facelift.
Lipostructure can be performed under local or general anesthesia. The choice between these different techniques will be the result of a discussion between you and your surgeon. Hospitalization is almost always performed in ambulatory conditions, meaning the patient gets in a and out the the same day.
The removal of fatty tissues is done using a very fine cannula into a discrete area where there is a reserve or excess of fat tissues. Reinjection of the fat tissues is made from 1 mm incisions using micro-cannulas. Fat cells remain alive and transplanted in the body and live as long as the tissues that are around them.
After the intervention
During the postoperative period, there is usually little pain and discomfort. After the absorption of swelling and bruising, the result begins to appear within 2 to 3 weeks after surgery.
It is usually appreciated within 3 to 6 months after surgery. It is generally satisfactory, whenever the indication and technique were correct: the cavities are filled and the volume restored.